Mi Drop App: Today, we’ll be discussing the features of Mi Drop Apk for and how to use Mi Drop for PC and Android.Recently Xiomi launched the MIUI 9 Global for their devices that comes with a lot of changes like Fresh User Interface, Mi Drop App 2018, New icons, New Gallery App, Vault App, New Notification Panel and Split Screen Mode.
The Chinese smartphone brand and the second largest manufacturer of smartphones in India, Xiaomi provides its customers the best user experience with its custom user interface skin, the MIUI. The MIUI comes with pre-loaded apps from the manufacturer like Explore, Compass, Scanner, Remote, and any more.
You might be very familiar with these apps: Xender, Share it and Zapya; and also you might be aware that all of these apps do the same work, i.e. transfer files and data from one phone to other or share files between phone and PC. They use the connection of Wi-Fi Hotspot to share files between two devices. All of them very simple to use and has the simple user interface.
- 1 What is Mi Drop App
- 2 What is Mi Drop Apk Feature
- 3 How to use Mi Drop for PC?
What is Mi Drop App
With the launch of MIUI 9, they released a different version of Mi Drop App with improvements and transfer speed is now better than before. Before the feature was accessible from settings menu but now it has a different app for this purpose. Apart from this, the new and upgraded app can now be used by all devices, no matter on which ROM they are. But it still has some prerequisites that you should be aware of. We’ll discuss that later in this post.
What is Mi Drop Apk Feature
The Mi Drop feature is just like these apps that use the P2P network to connect and let you transfer files at high speeds without using mobile data. It was first introduced with MIUI 7 and was restricted to Mi devices only. People who don’t have Mi devices were not able to use this feature. Apart from this, it had some glitches with its first release but now it has improved a lot.
How does Mi Drop works
The technology is the same as used by other file sharing apps like Xender and Share it and many more. In this process, there is one server and the other one is the client, just like other services such as Bluetooth and Internet. But the major difference is the broader bandwidth of Wi-Fi as compared to Bluetooth.
Just imagine and compare the river and the stream. Just like in the flow of water is faster in the river, same is with this technology. The flow of data per unit time is more so the transfer speed is relatively faster as compared to Bluetooth. For this to work one device should turn on their Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot as the server and the other one turns on the Wi-Fi to as the client. In this process, the Wi-Fi Direct is automatically turned on and increases the flow of data per unit time.
How is the User Interface of the Mi Drop app
The Mi Drop App has a very clean user interface with the Send and Receive options on the home page along with a separate button on the top left corner to see the sent and received files. And on the top right corner is the settings button that let you change the language and see terms of agreement for its usage.
Features Of MI APP
- Send and receive files from one phone to another.
- Share the app with your without using data through Bluetooth (in case he/she does not have it).
- Have a separate list to see the files you had transferred.
- Select all apps or files you want to send at once and send them directly by clicking on the send button.
How to Install Mi Drop App
As the Mi Drop App is now available for all the devices, there are different ways to install it on your device. Before we move on to them there are some prerequisites to install this app.
- You should be running Android 4.0.3 or above.
- In case of MIUI, you should be running MIUI 7 (Global Developer ROM v5.9.25) or above
Install Mi Drop App on the Phone running MIUI
To install this app on the MIUI devices running MIUI follow the simple steps below
- Turn on your internet connection (mobile data or Wi-Fi) and go to play store.
- Swipe right and open the menu from left.
- Tap on ‘My Apps and Games’
- Find the Mi Drop App and click on update/install.
- Wait a minute until the app gets updated.
- You can now find a separate app for Mi Drop Feature on your Home Screen.
- Voila! Now you can use Mi Drop App n your device running MIUI.
How To Install Mi Drop App on Devices running ROMs other than MIUI
To install this app on the devices running ROMs other than MIUI follow the simple steps below:
- Download the Mi Drop App from the Google Play Store from here directly.
- Wait until the download gets completed.
- As soon as you are done click on the apk file to install it.
- You will see a warning that ‘Installing Apps from Unknown Sources is not allowed on this device’.
- To deny this warning go to Settings of your device.
- Then go to security settings and find the option to enable installation from unknown sources.
- Tap there and allow the installation.
- Now install the app and open it up.
- Voila! You now have the latest version of Mi drop app installed on your device.
How to use MI Drop App
The user interface of the app is so simple; you can use it easily once you know about it. Here are the steps you need to follow to transfer file. Let’s consider we’re transferring a music file named as ‘Audio W1.mp3’. Now with reference to this, follow the following steps:
- If you are the one who is sending the file, tap on the Send option on the home screen.
- Now a menu will pop up from where you will see a list of apps, images, videos and all other files.
- Choose the file that you need to transfer. Just like we are here transferring Audio W1.mp3 file.
- Now ask the other guy to tap on receive the option to receive the file.
- The app will start searching for nearby devices with Mi Drop App who are sending some data.
- As soon as it finds the server’s device click on the icon to connect.
- Now a notification will pop up asking your permission to receive the file.
- Click on ‘Accept’ to receive the file.
- Voila! You are done; the file that you sent from the server’s device will be received within minutes by the client’s device.
How to use Mi Drop for PC?
There is no feature to use Mi Drop PC directly just like Xender or Share it. But still, you can use it. To use this app on your PC one need to install an Android Emulator. There are various Android Emulators available in the market. Now if you are wondering what is meant by an android emulator, read the following carefully.
What is an Android Emulator?
In the world of computers and programming, An emulator is a software or hardware on a computer (the host) that behaves like some other computer system (the guest). It is technically used to design and test software and applications made to be used on the guest computer.
For example, when the new version of Play Station is released the same day too many games that can be played exclusively on it get released by various game designers. But have you ever wondered how these games were tested when the Play Station was not available? That’s where the emulator does the work for you. A virtual computer system (called the guest) is used and all games are tested using it. This virtual computer system is called as ‘Emulator’.
Just like this, there are various emulators for Android OS known as Android Emulators. Developers use it for making apps but you can also use it to run Android’s apps on your PC.
Blue stacks is one of the most popular Android emulators because it is a good choice for starters and is compatible with both, Windows and Mac. Earlier versions were a kind of bootloader but the newer versions are better. It mostly targets gamers but you can use it for other purposes as well. This has the ability to use multiple apps at the same time, so you can easily play different games at the same time. Its newer version of 2017, Blue stacks dubbed 3 is even better than before.
Use the emulator to run Mi Drop App on PC
As soon as you are done with installing and setting up one of these emulators, just follow the same steps you did to install it on your phone running some other ROM instead of MIUI and you will be able to use the Mi Drop App on your PC. In this way, you can even transfer the files and data from your PC to your phone or vice versa.
Final Conclusion of Mi Drop
The Mi Drop App came up with the lightning fast MIUI 9 and would be one of the best file sharing apps for Android users. Even it would beat Xender and Share it because you won’t see any annoying ads just like the Xender and Share it. Instead, this app is ad-free and available for free on Google Play Store. The user interface and the user experience both are well built and the app can be used by anyone with ease. If you are going to download the Mi Drop App do let us know in the comment section below. And if you were using this feature before for your MI devices then do let us know how your experience with the Mi Drop App.Happy Sharing.